Shopping Cart (0 item)
Your cart is currently empty
Your cart is currently empty
Shopping for baby clothing is so exciting BUT it’s also pretty easy to get carried away and buy way more than you need or will use. That’s why more and more parents these days are turning to the concept of a ‘capsule wardrobe’ – which is a great way to save money and create a more efficient and long-lasting wardrobe for your little one. Let’s find out how this works!
The concept of the ‘capsule wardrobe’ is based on the premise that less can be more! A capsule wardrobe consists of a set of carefully-chosen, high-quality, practical, sustainable and long-lasting clothing pieces that can be mixed and matched with one another to help you create a number of adorable looks! Since babies outgrow their clothes so quickly, this is makes it ideal for your baby’s wardrobe.
That’s not all! Building a capsule wardrobe for your baby isn’t just cost-effective, but it’s great for the environment as well! By investing in a limited number of high-quality baby clothes, you’ll end up with a treasure-trove of beautiful & sustainable baby essentials that can be passed on to your child’s future siblings, friends, family and so on. Having a limited number of clothing also makes dressing baby super easy & hassle-free!
Here are some essential tips to help you start building your baby’s capsule wardrobe:
• Choose ‘quality’ over all else. Invest in high-quality baby clothing that will stand the test of time, and can be recycled and reused over the years.
• Make sure you pick soft, organic, non-toxic fabrics. Baby clothing should always be made from soft, gentle & non-toxic fabrics that are safe on your baby’s sensitive skin. Choose sustainable & safe fibers like organic cotton and bamboo that are grown without any toxic chemicals or pesticides, making them totally safe for your little ones.
• Allow for growth! Always size up a little so that your baby can wear the clothing for longer.
• Pick a colour palette that appeals to you! Sticking to a limited colour palette is one of the keys to building a successful capsule wardrobe. This makes it really easy to mix and match clothing. Try and avoid patterns as far as possible and go for neutral or muted shades.
• Start off with 6-8 full outfits and 3-5 bedtime outfits. This way, you should have enough clothing to rotate, if you do the laundry 2-3 times a week. You’ll also need to supplement this with some seasonal pieces like a coat or jacket, depending on your weather.
• Fewer choices = Less stress. No more decision-making stress! Dressing your baby becomes so much easier and a lot more fun when you have fewer options.
• Support sustainable brands. Shop from brands that focus on making sustainable, eco-friendly clothing that’s better for our environment.
A. Keep it simple with Whites
You can’t go wrong with classic white outfits that can be used as base layers, or matched with any other colour to create a number of stylish outfits. These are the ideal foundation pieces for your baby’s wardrobe. We’ve got a range of beautiful white baby essentials to help you get started.
B. Pick your Base Layers correctly
Neutral bodysuits and rompers are the perfect base layer to help you create a wide range of looks. Sticking to a preferred colour palette for your capsule wardrobe will also make it easier to mix and match items without having to put too much thought into it, making dressing your baby super easy & quick. Our range of must-have baby bamboo basics features a number of soothing, neutral colours to fit your tastes and style.
C. Mix & Match with Neutral Top & Bottom Pieces
Purchasing a few high-quality top & bottom pieces in neutral colours will make it easy to mix and match them in different ways to create unique looks. Our super soft, cozy & practically-designed top & bottom sets come in a number of soothing colours that you can stock up on.
D. Choose comfy 2-in-1 outfits that can be worn for both bedtime & playtime
Babies spend a lot of time sleeping! You’ll definitely need a lot of comfy sleepwear that can also double up as daytime outfits if needed. Make sure these outfits are designed for quick diaper changes! (Zippers are a huge plus for this reason) Our soft & stretchy bamboo zipper footies are the perfect bedtime + all-day newborn baby essential and are available in a range of soft & classic hues.
E. Inject some fun into your baby’s wardrobe with rompers & jumpsuits that can be worn a million different ways
Let’s face it – baby jumpsuits are adorable! And when chosen correctly, they’re also extremely versatile. Go for solid colours that fit the colour scheme of your capsule wardrobe. These cute jumpsuits/rompers can be worn on their own or paired with a cute top underneath to create some fun looks! Our range of must-have baby rompers and jumpsuits aren’t just stylish, they’re also designed for practicality and durability.
F. Stock up on Solid-coloured Onesies
Onesies are an absolute must-have for your baby’s wardrobe and should be right up there on your newborn baby shopping list! They can be worn on their own or paired with shorts, pants, leggings, skirts, or jumpsuits. They can even be used as inner layers to keep baby warm when it’s cold outside. Pick colours that you can easily match with the other outfits in your baby’s capsule wardrobe.
G. Choose extra comfy, neutral bottoms that can be matched with any colour
Your baby’s bottoms/pants should be (a) EXTRA comfy (b) Easy to put on and take off, and (c) a little longer to allow room for growth. Choose pants with a comfy and adjustable waistband so you can keep using them as baby grows. The length too can simply be adjusted by rolling them up a little if necessary. Light, netural colours are always easy to match. Put these on your baby essentials checklist!
H. Say TEES!
T-shirts are perfect for your little one as he/she grows. Once again, go for stretchy and slightly longer tees so that you can use them for a longer time as well. Make sure the neckline is soft, comfy and irritation-free for your little one. While solid-colours are easier to match, you can also stock up on some tees with fun prints & pair them with neutral bottoms.
I. Soft & light pastel-coloured Beanies & Booties
Baby beanies & booties are a must to keep your little ones warm & cozy! Choose from our range of neutral-coloured beanies & booties that are made from the softest & gentlest bamboo fabric for your baby’s delicate skin. Put these on your newborn essentials list!