Shopping Cart (0 item)
Your cart is currently empty
Your cart is currently empty
Dear Moms, while you grow your tiny bundle of joy in your belly, your body changes in miraculous ways to make way for your little one. As your belly expands, your skin too stretches, grows and loses elasticity, which can lead to dryness, itchiness and stretch marks during pregnancy. It’s really important to give your skin lots of extra love & care during this time, and the truth is you need something MORE than a regular moisturizer to help reduce stretch marks, combat dryness and help nourish your changing skin.
So, we designed a product that would meet the excessive moisturizing needs of your skin during pregnancy, one that can be safely used on your sensitive skin all through your pregnancy and beyond.
Meet the NEW Softsens Nourishing Body Butter – a lusciously rich body butter made from 95% natural origin ingredients and designed especially for pregnant women.
Our dermatologist-approved body butter is a blend of 9 natural essential seed oils & butters, and is designed to deeply moisturize dry, itchy & stretch-mark prone skin, and provide 24-hour moisturization, thus enhancing skin elasticity & combating your pregnancy skin woes.
You’re probably wondering what makes body butter better than regular lotions or creams when it comes to moisturizing and nourishing your skin. So, let’s look at some of the differences between body butter, and body lotions & creams.
• Body butter is thicker than both lotions and creams, making it extremely nourishing for your skin.
• Lotions and creams contain more water and less fats and are typically lighter in formulation. Body butters have very little water content and more butters and oils, that seep into the deeper layers of your skin, sealing in moisture for much longer.
• Regular body lotions and creams consist of emollients that hydrate & nourish the skin but may NOT necessarily be equipped to deal with the excessive moisturizing needs of your dry, itchy, stretching skin during pregnancy. Body butter contains essential fats that provide faster, better relief for dry skin.
Using a combination of your regular moisturizer along with a body butter is a great way to keep your skin healthy and nourished all through your pregnancy. Check out our 3-step Mama Skincare kit that was designed to help your skin get all the care and nutrients it needs all day long.
While our Body Butter was designed especially for pregnant women, it is also PERFECT for those who aren’t pregnant yet but looking to moisturize dry, itchy skin or lighten the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
Our specially-designed pregnancy body butter is formulated to combat all your common pregnancy skin woes. Here are some of the benefits of using our body butter during pregnancy.
1. Helps lighten and prevent stretch marks
Softsens Body Butter is a well-balanced combination of 9 natural butters & oils like shea butter & cocoa butter that boost collagen formation & nourish the skin cells to keep them moisturized. The butters ensure that the skin cells get all the required vitamins & minerals that boost skin elasticity and prevent the skin from drying up. The natural oils work as carriers to ensure that these vitamins & minerals are deposited into the deep layers of the skin to ensure complete nourishment, and thus reduce the appearance of stretch marks, scars and dark spots.
2. Prevents and soothes dry, itchy cracked skin
Body butter is perfect for those with dry skin. With added nutrients & vitamins, our body butter helps boost collagen formation to improve skin elasticity and nourish the skin cells from deep within. It also forms a protective barrier over the skin to hold in moisture for a longer duration which in turn prevents dry skin & itchiness.
3. Helps combat hyperpigmentation, slows skin aging and enhances skin tone
Hormonal changes during pregnancy can lead to hyperpigmentation or darkening of your skin tone. Our body butter also works to combat hyperpigmentation and help enhance your skin tone. It is specially designed with ingredients like mango butter & kokum butter that protect skin against UV damage and environmental pollution, thus preventing fine lines and dark spots.
4. Pampers both your skin and senses
Pregnancy calls for a whole lot of EXTRA and much-needed pampering. This ultra-rich butter has a mesmerizing allergen-free fragrance with citrus mandarin extracts that will leave your skin feeling deliciously soft, supple and rejuvenated.
1. The sooner you begin, the better. Start using your nourishing Body Butter early on in your pregnancy to help prevent stretch marks and help maintain skin elasticity. Continue using it for at least 6 months postpartum as your body recovers.
2. Always apply body butter right after your daily shower or bath when your skin is still a little damp to maximize moisturization. For best results, apply it twice a day. Check out our complete 3-step Mama Skincare Routine (words in bold need to be linked to blog 2) for more.
3. Take a generous scoop of body butter and gently massage it into your skin with steady, firm strokes. Pay special attention to your belly, hips, thighs, bottoms and areas where your skin is dry and stretching the most.
4. Pamper your skin while you sleep by applying body butter just before bedtime to help nourish and moisturize your skin through the night.
5. For best results, use it as part of our 3-step skincare routine with the Softsens Skin Therapy Oil and Moisturizing Sorbet to help reduce stretch marks, scars, dark spots, dryness, and itchiness.
For more tips on how to use your body butter, click here to check out our blog on – 8 amazing ways to use our nourishing body butter.
Moms, everything that goes on your skin should be absolutely safe and non-toxic not only for you, but for the tiny baby inside your womb. Here’s what makes our body butter absolutely safe to use during pregnancy and beyond.
• With 95% natural-origin ingredients, our body butter is a blend of 9 natural essential seed oils & butters including cocoa, shea, mango, kokum, jojoba, argan, olive, wheat germ & almonds
• Each of these naturally-derived butters and oils are filled with vitamins, minerals & fats that help deliver moisture to the deeper layers of skin
• Dermatologically tested and completely safe for pregnant and breastfeeding moms
• Free from parabens & harmful chemicals, cruelty-free and 100% vegan
So go ahead and treat yourselves, Mamas. It’s time to pamper and nourish every inch of your skin with our delightfully rich and nourishing body butter.
Oh, and just one more thing. Pregnancy skin changes are absolutely NORMAL and inevitable so make sure to EMBRACE your changing skin & stretch marks with pride and love. Your body might look a little different but it is stronger and more powerful than it has ever been!