Shopping Cart (0 item)
Your cart is currently empty
Your cart is currently empty
A lot changes when you learn you’re pregnant. You become hyper focused on what you are eating and drinking, to make sure that your tiny one is getting all the nutrition they need. The same applies for your skincare regime. There are three main reasons why you need to adjust your skincare routine a little during pregnancy.
(1) Certain skincare products can contain ingredients that are harmful to the developing fetus. So, it’s a good time to take a closer look at your skincare products and make sure that they’re completely safe to use during pregnancy.
(2) Hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause your skin to become extra sensitive and prone to flare ups. Switching to a gentler and cleaner skincare routine during pregnancy can help care for your skin at this time.
(3) You might also notice common pregnancy skin changes such as stretch marks, acne, dryness, itchiness or hyperpigmentation. Using specially-designed pregnancy-safe skincare products can help target these specific issues.
Before we go further, let’s take a look at some of the skincare ingredients you should AVOID during pregnancy, that can be potentially harmful to your fetus. According to experts, during pregnancy, it is advisable to avoid any skincare products that contain these ingredients: Retinoids, salicylic acid, formaldehyde, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone, phthalates. Stay away from chemical sunscreens and opt for mineral sunscreens instead. Certain types of acne medications also have ingredients that can be harmful. If you have been prescribed any acne-medication, check with your doctor to see if these can be safely used during pregnancy.
To help you safely care for your skin during pregnancy, our experts curated the perfect 3-Step Pregnancy Skincare Kit that’s designed to pamper, nourish and protect your changing skin, with naturally-enriched products that are safe for you and the tiny peanut in your womb.
Filled with thoughtfully-selected natural ingredients that target specific pregnancy skin issues like stretch marks, scars, dryness, pigmentation, each of these products are perfectly designed with you and your changing needs in mind.
Start the day by quenching your parched skin with our lightweight & melt-in-your-skin Softsens Moisturizing Sorbet for some feel-good hydration. Creamy & non-greasy, this light moisturizer will gently melt into your skin to leave it soft, smooth & glowing. Carry it wherever you go & reapply as often as u like for an instant skin refresh.
After a bath, pat your skin dry and massage your Softsens Skin Therapy Oil liberally over your skin in a gentle circular motion, concentrating on the stomach, hips, thighs, bottoms, breasts and areas that are prone to stretch marks. Do this twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening to help reduce stretch marks, keep your skin soft & supple, and maintain elasticity. This collagen-boosting stretch mark oil is lightweight, fast-absorbing and perfectly-formulated for your sensitive skin.
After applying your Skin Therapy Oil, seal in the moisture with our Softsens Nourishing Body Butter for 24-hour moisturization and nourishment. Generously massage your Softsens Body Butter all over your body, concentrating on your stomach, hips and thighs and let it seep in. For best results, apply it once in the morning right after you apply your Softsens Skin Therapy Oil, and then right before bedtime to pamper your skin while you sleep. With 9 deeply-nourishing natural oils & butters, our Body Butter is the ultimate treat for your skin. Click here to learn more about this must-have pregnancy skincare product.
• This carefully-formulated 3-step Skincare Routine is designed to enhance skin elasticity, soothe and moisturize dry, itchy & cracked skin, and reduce the appearance of stretch marks, scars, dark spots, uneven skin tone and premature ageing
• Packed with naturally-derived butters and oils that are filled with vitamins, minerals & fats to help deliver moisture to the deeper layers of skin
• It’s the perfect pregnancy skincare routine for softer, smoother skin
• Dermatologically tested, cruelty-free and 100% vegan
• Free from parabens and harmful chemicals
• A safe mineral sunblock lotion
During pregnancy, your skin is more sensitive than usual, and more prone to damage from UV radiation. Make sure you protect your skin by applying a sunblock lotion daily. Avoid any chemical sunscreens and instead, use a mineral-based sunblock like the Softsens SPF30 Sunblock Lotion that is enriched with Vitamin E, avocado & carrot extracts & powerful Zinc Oxide that protect & moisturize skin. This mild, paraben-free & vegan sunblock is completely safe for use on both babies & pregnant moms.
• Gentle bath-time cleansers
As your skin is excessively dry during pregnancy, it’s essential to use cleansers that help seal in moisture and keep your skin well-hydrated. Softsens Naturally Soft Skin Cream Bar Soap and Softsens Naturally Smooth Skin Cream Bar soap are both infused with crème oil and natural ingredients that nourish, protect and moisturize your skin. These gentle, paraben-free beauty bar soaps are perfect for all skin types
For more helpful pregnancy skincare tips, check out our blog – 8 skincare tips to swear by during pregnancy.